cookbook 'seven_zip', '= 4.1.1'
cookbook 'seven_zip', '= 4.1.1', :supermarket
knife supermarket install seven_zip
knife supermarket download seven_zip
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio. This cookbook installs the full 7-Zip suite of tools (GUI and CLI). This cookbook replaces the older 7-Zip cookbook.
This cookbook is maintained by the Sous Chefs. The Sous Chefs are a community of Chef cookbook maintainers working together to maintain important cookbooks. If you’d like to know more please visit sous-chefs.org or come chat with us on the Chef Community Slack in #sous-chefs.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2008 (R1, R2)
- Windows Server 2012 (R1, R2)
- Chef >= 16.0
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
CHANGELOG for seven_zip
This file is used to list changes made in each version of seven_zip.
4.1.1 - 2021-06-01
4.1.0 - 2021-05-20
- Reduce Chef requirement to >= 15.3
4.0.0 - 2021-04-29
- Increase the supported version of Chef to Chef 16
This is inline with our support policies, allowing us to use the newest Chef features
- Remove dependency on the deprecated Windows cookbook
- Convert to modern custom resources
- Remove the default recipe
- Remove default_spec as we no longer have a default recipe
- Use the Chef
directoryresources rather than Ruby methods
- Pull Windows helpers from the Windows cookbook and fix them to work in this cookbook
As the Windows cookbook is no longer maintained many of the methods we used were deprecated
in Ruby 2.7 but were never fixed. These methods have now been removed in Ruby 3.0
- Move resource documentation to the documentation/resource directory.
- Update README to reflect new usage
3.2.0 - 2021-01-24
- Sous Chefs Adoption
- Standardise files with files in sous-chefs/repo-management
- Various Cookstyle fixes
- Migrate from ServerSpec to InSpec for integration testing
- Update to 7-Zip 19.00
- Update nokogiri from 1.8.2 to 1.8.5
- Fix deprecation warning regarding the use of
- Having a simple resource to setup 7-zip allows other resources (since including a recipe inside a resource is not a good pattern) to use it to ensure that their prerequisites are installed before-hand.
- This resource leverage existing attributes as default values to keep backward compatibility.
seven_zip::defaultrecipe's code has been refactored to just use this resource.
- Support Chef 13, drop support for Chef 12.
- Upgrade to 7-Zip 18.05.
- Standardize testing environment across repos. (AppVeyor, Kitchen, Rake, etc.)
- Upgrade development dependencies.
- Add timeout to extract action on
seven_zipresource and configurable
- Upgrade to 7-Zip 15.14.
- 7-Zip now installed to the default MSI location by default.
- 7z.exe is located using the Windows registry unless the home attribute is explicitly set.
- 7-Zip is only added to the Windows PATH if the syspath attribute is set.
- Installation idempotence check was fixed, package name was corrected.
- TravisCI build added.
- ServerSpec tests added
- Document Archive LRWP
- initial release
Refer to the Markdown Syntax Guide for help with standard Markdown, and Writing on GitHub for help with the GitHub dialect of Markdown.