cookbook 'transmission', '= 2.1.0'
Installs and configures transmission
cookbook 'transmission', '= 2.1.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install transmission
knife supermarket download transmission
Installs the Transmission BitTorrent Client and includes a
- RHEL/CentOS/Scientific/Amazon/Oracle 7+
Note: Package installs are only availabe on Ubuntu/Debian. Source installs are possible on all platforms
- Chef 11+
- build-essential - for compiling the source.
- openssl - for generating a secure password.
node["transmission"]["peer_port"]- The port Transmission listens on for peering, default
node["transmission"]["rpc_bind_address"]- Where to listen for RPC connections, default
node["transmission"]["rpc_port"]- The port Transmission listens on for remote services, default
node["transmission"]["rpc_username"]- The username required to access remote services, default
node["transmission"]["rpc_password"]- The ssha1 encrypted password, default generated by
node["transmission"]["home"]- Transmission's home directory, default
node["transmission"]["config_dir"]- Transmission's config directory, default
node["transmission"]["download_dir"]- Directory to move complete files to, default
node["transmission"]["incomplete_dir"]- Directory to keep incomplete files in, default
node["transmission"]["incomplete_dir_enabled"]- Whether the incomplete file directory is used, default
node["transmission"]["speed_limit_down"]- The KB/s limit for downloading files, default
node["transmission"]["speed_limit_down_enabled"]- Whether the download limit is used, default
node["transmission"]["speed_limit_up"]- The KB/s limit for uploading files, default
node["transmission"]["speed_limit_up_enabled"]- Whether the upload limit is used, default
node["transmission"]["watch_dir"]- Directory to watch for new torrent files, default
node["transmission"]["watch_dir_enabled"]- Whether the watch file directory is used, default
The file also contains the following attribute types:
- platform specific locations and settings.
- source installation settings
Download a file via the BitTorrent protocol. The usage semantics are like that of the existing file and remote_file resources. This allows very fast downloads for files that are part of large BitTorrent swarms. The Ubuntu 10.04 LTS ISO (around 700MB) downloads in about 50 seconds.
- :create: Download a file via the BitTorrent protocol
- path: name attribute. the path to the file
- torrent: torrent file of the swarm to join. can either be a url or local file path
- blocking: should the file be downloaded in a blocking way? If
trueChef will download the file in a single Chef run, if
falseChef will check for a completed download during each Chef run until the download is complete. default is
- continue_seeding: should the file continue to be seeded to the swarm after download? default is
- owner: The owner for the file
- group: The group owner of the file (string or id)
- rpc_host: the address of the Transmission RPC host to connect to. default is
- rpc_port: the port of the Transmission RPC host to connect to. default is
- rpc_username: the username of the Transmission RPC account. default is
- rpc_password: the password of the Transmission RPC account . should probably be
node['transmission']['rpc_password']which by default is a secure password generated for this node.
Download the lucid ISO
transmission_torrent_file "/home/ubuntu/ubuntu.iso" do torrent "http://releases.ubuntu.com/lucid/ubuntu-10.04.1-server-i386.iso.torrent" owner 'ubuntu' group 'ubuntu' rpc_username node['transmission']['rpc_username'] rpc_password node['transmission']['rpc_password'] action :create end
Continue seeding after download
transmission_torrent_file "/home/ubuntu/ubuntu.iso" do torrent "http://releases.ubuntu.com/lucid/ubuntu-10.04.1-server-i386.iso.torrent" owner 'ubuntu' group 'ubuntu' continue_seeding true rpc_username node['transmission']['rpc_username'] rpc_password node['transmission']['rpc_password'] action :create end
Include default recipe in a run list, to get some Transmission installed. Installs Transmission by package or source depending on the platform.
Installs Transmission from packages. This should only be loaded by the default recipe.
Installs Transmission from source. This should only be loaded by the default recipe.
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (email@example.com)
Copyright: 2011-2016, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|openssl >= 0.0.0|
|build-essential >= 0.0.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.
transmission Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the transmission cookbook.
- Fixed installation via source on RHEL systems by adding openssl / tar packages to the source recipe
- Switched to platform_family to better support derivitive operating systems
- Updated to the latest version of Transmission for source installs
- Switched from .bz2 to .xz format archives for source installs as .bz2 archives are no longer being published. Xz tools will now be installed in the source recipe
- Added source test suite in Test Kitchen
- Removed support for RHEL releases before 7 as the version of libevent shipped in these distros is too old to compile tranmission
- Set the minimum supported Chef release to 11
- Removed the monkeypatch to Ruby 1.8.6 support
- Resolved all rubocop warnings
- Added testing with Travis CI
- Added chefignore file
- Swaped Digital Ocean Test Kitchen config for Docker
- Added standard Chef .rubocop.yml
- Updated contributing and testing docs
- Added Gemfile with development deps
- Added maintainers file
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- reverting OpenSSL module namespace change
- reverting chef_gem compile_time work
- Updating to use the latest openssl
- Fixing chef_gem for Chef below 12.1.0
- [#11] prevent circular symlink for settings.json on Ubuntu 14.04
- Add Berksfile and test-kitchen config
- [COOK-4424] Updates Transmission url in README'
Requires Ruby 1.9 or higher!
- COOK-3451 - Use Hash#key to silence Hash#index deprecation warnings
- COOK-3450 - Delete torrent local data when not seeding
- COOK-3449 - Prevent torrent status of checking from prematurely ending blocking downloads
COOK-3324 - Use
BEncode.load_fileto load torrent file when hashing to avoid UTF-8 encoding issues
- COOK-2227 - Add watch dir options
- [COOK-2981]: transmission cookbook has foodcritic errors
transmission_torrent_filedoesn't work for more than a single torrent
- [COOK-732]: link to file in swarm not created if torrent already completely downloaded
2.1.0 passed this metric
2.1.0 passed this metric