cookbook 'wix', '= 6.0.0'
wix (15) Versions 6.0.0 Follow6
Installs/Configures Windows Installer XML toolset (WiX)
cookbook 'wix', '= 6.0.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install wix
knife supermarket download wix
The Windows Installer XML (WiX) is a toolset that builds Windows installation packages from XML source code. The toolset supports a command line environment that developers may integrate into their build processes to build MSI and MSM setup packages. This cookbook installs the full WiX suite of tools.
This cookbook is maintained by the Sous Chefs. The Sous Chefs are a community of Chef cookbook maintainers working together to maintain important cookbooks. If you’d like to know more please visit sous-chefs.org or come chat with us on the Chef Community Slack in #sous-chefs.
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 (R1, R2)
- Chef 13.4+
- windows 2.0+
node['wix']['home']- location to install WiX files to. default is
node['wix']['checksum']- SHA256 of the WiX binaries zip file. default is
Downloads and installs WiX to the location specified by
node['wix']['home']. Also ensures
node['wix']['home'] is in the system path.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute.
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website.
This cookbook has no specified dependencies.
wix Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the wix cookbook.
6.0.0 - 2021-05-11
- Sous Chefs Adoption
- Update and fix testing
- Depend on Chef 13.4 for built in windows_path
- Removes codeplex functionality as it will no longer be updated.
- Changes wix toolkit
- Test with Local Delivery instead of Rake
- Require Windows cookbook 2.0 or later
- Require Chef 12.1 not 12.0
- Add chef_version metadata
- Remove support for Chef 11
- Require windows cookbook >= 1.38.2
- Update WiX to 3.10.2
- Avoid failures processing the cookie if the download wasn't successful in the Codeplex library
- Update the rubocop config for Rubocop 0.37
- Update all testing dependencies to the latest
- Add Windows 2008 R2 to the Test Kitchen config (internal Chef Vagrant image)
- Allow upgrades by setting
overwriteattribute to true
- Add basic InSpec integration test coverage
- Update to use WIX Toolset 3.10
- Removed Windows 2003 as a supported platform and added all current 2008+ releases
- Update readme to point to the new post-Sourceforge WIX homepage
- Add Chefspec convergence tests on Windows 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2
- Added Test Kitchen config using the Chef private Windows boxes due to licensing
- Added Chef standard Rubocop config and resolved all warnings
- Added Travis CI testing using Chef DK
- Added Berksfile
- Updated contributing and testing docs
- Added Gemfile with testing dependencies
- Added maintainers.toml and maintainers.md files
- Added Travis status and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Updated Opscode -> Chef Software
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added a chefignore file to limit what files are uploaded to the Chef server
- Added issues_url and source_url metadata for Supermarket
- [COOK-2762] - WiX download URL returns a 404
- [COOK-1340] - update version and location
- initial release